Copied from Cookie & Kate's Crispy Falafel recipe
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cup uncooked chickpeas, soaked
- 1 cup roughly chopped red onion
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 8 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- With an oven rack in the middle position, preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Pour some olive oil into a large, rimmed baking sheet and turn until the pan is evenly coated.
- In a food processor, combine the soaked and drained chickpeas, onion, parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and the remaining 3 tablespoon of olive oil. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Using your hands, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time. Shape the falafel into small patties, about 2 inches wide and 1.5 cm thick. Place each falafel on your oiled pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, carefully flipping the falafels halfway through baking, until the falafels are deeply golden on both sides. These falafels keep well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for several months.
- 200g chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt