- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 750g chicken thighs cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned rough chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cream
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons of butter
Butter Chicken Method
- Combine all marinade ingredients together and ensure chicken is completely covered. Marinade over night. If you can't find Garam Masala you can use Tandoori Masala but then don't add any salt.
- Transfer the marinated chicken into a large pot with a fork. Leave the excess marinade that's not on the chicken pieces behind. Cook the chicken in the pot until it looks cooked on the outside.
- Add the curry ingredients.
- Cook until curry has thickened and boils down and the chicken gets super tender - around 45 mins, faster if you're too hungry to wait!
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cups warm milk
- Combine milk, sugar, and yeast then leave for around 15 minutes.
- Add flour, 1/4 cup butter, and salt, then mix and knead into a doughy ball.
- Let it rise at room temp for 2 hours, overnight in the fridge or for 30 minutes in the oven at low heat.
- Form into 8 or so small dough balls.
- Heat your pan with some oil on medium heat.
- Roll each dough ball out one at a time into thin medallions.
- Fry your dough in the pan into naan-like pancakes.