Torts in Mascarpone Sauce
- 1 medium red onion, or 1/2 of a large one, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 cans (400g each) chopped tomatoes with liquid
- 140g of tomato puree
- A bunch of fresh basil
- 250g fresh spinach
- 25-50g of butter
- 3 heaping spoonfuls of mascarpone
- 1 pack ready made tortellini
- In a large pot saute onions until soft
- Add the garlic and herbs, and saute on a very low heat for 1-2 minutes until fragrant
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt. Cook for 5 minutes, until bubbling.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce has thickened up. If it goes too dry, add some water.
- Now add spinach, basil and butter, and stir over a low heat until it's cooked down.
- Finally, stir in the mascarpone until melted. You should have a deliciously thick, creamy sauce.
- Cook the tortellini as instructed on the pack
- Serve tortellini with mascarpone sauce