Makes 4 portions, ~532 kcal per portion
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Red Chillies, minced
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 200g Red Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 600ml Vegetable Stock (2 cubes in boiling water)
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 boxes (780g) Black Beans, drained
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 Handful coriander, chopped
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- Mince garlic and chilli in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and chilli until soft and add cumin and paprika.
- Add quinoa, stock, tomatoes and black beans.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve topped with a few avocado slices, chopped coriander and toasted bread.
Original source: https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegan/quick-quinoa-and-black-bean-chilli/